althor

Althor improvements

althor   

Fully operational stargate model is available now

p.s. Confridín i have no idea why are your system can't find this texture,

for last two updates it is present in my archive.

I tried the new archive, and it works. Nice job, really. :)

Pour ceux qui veulent voir la nouvelle porte :

L'ancienne

stargate-old.jpg

La nouvelle

stargate-new.jpg

althor   

guess what? yes it is a new toy. I made the Atlantis gate. who knows what is next ... maybe Destiny ? :)

th_32405_Morrowind_2009-10-21_122_115lo.jpg

video

www.makpo.ru/f3/agate.mp4

althor   

First, if you noticed, it is not finished. It is operational but not enough close to original

Second, i don't want you to use it in way that can be spoil original idea ... so we need to talk about it at first

p.s i know about urls & links, and i am not sure i want it to be click-able

I tried the new archive, and it works. Nice job, really. :)

Pour ceux qui veulent voir la nouvelle porte :

L'ancienne

post-1-1255952875,6287_thumb.jpg

La nouvelle

post-1-12559528893645_thumb.jpg

franchement j'ai hâte d'avoir la nouvelle version la porte est 100 fois mieux

SeiKen   

There are no signs (the coordinates) on the "new" version.

Maybe it is the problem Confridin had with one texture ;)

althor   

you are meant symbols on gate (texture). new version is _3 ?. it may absent in editor (in preview mode) but it always present in game

by the way if you save with previous version in cell and load with new version of a-mod, game will work incorrect and some items may disappear

Hahaha :)

You guys are maybe gonna laugh...

When i made the Terra Kalenya Addon, i replaced the Sunticah gate by a "fake" Atlantis like model, but Red. And it dialled like the Atlantis gate too!

I used a trick by making two rings in the Stargate: one in front of the other. The front one was textured like the behind one, but the front had "holes" shaped like the symbols... And the behind one had the origin "symbol area" painted in a bright red color.

So, when the new gate was dialling, you could see the moving, "rear" symbol moving from a "symbol hole" to another, giving the impression it was like the Atlantis gate... :)

Well, everything was not perfect, but thanks to Althor's Improvements on the gate's dialling system, it will be awesome.

( note: i wrote in simple english because such a post isn't easy to understand... )

althor   

Gray Wolf, i use it in a same way but my model is not a "fake" so every symbol dialled by dhd placed in correct place, but for now, previously dialled symbols not stay on their places like in a film (don't know how to solve this problem)

p.s. it is not a trick it is common solution

althor   

Confridín, as i said earlier you guys can count on my help with modeling, animation and new ideas of course. on this moment, i have original stargate model , working Atlantis gate (RC) model, and Destiny gate (Alpha) model too.

i updated texture (symbols remake) in sg-adapt_3, this archive contains mesh files for original model. Original gate model is free to use ;)

O-M-F-..............

*bzzt*

*Explodes*

._. you are awesome.

EDIT: I want to know: are multiple galaxies - chevrons codes supported? Like, can you dial a Atlantis Gate with a SG1 Gate without 8 chevrons?

And what is currently done about the Destiny Gate? I LOVE IT.

althor   

Gray Wolf, all gates what i made compatible between each other (scripts) and supports original mod gate codes for each symbol (even dial by dhd, no difference in 39 or 36 symbols system)

Destiny's gate. i know how to finish it but i am not sure where we can use it.

personally from me, i have a few suggestions

Yes, the problem is that we could not use this Stargate in any planet because there already are the SG1 Gates....

My opinion is that you could maybe try replacing all SG1 Stargates by SGA ones, and make a separate plugin out of it, and do the same with the Universe Gate maybe?

In my opinion, these new Gates are not meant to be used easily in Morrowind Stargate itself; a new module might be useful...

I sent you a message about that, you should read it :).

O_O.

It's such a great work Althor.

As soon as we finish correcting every bug, we will see how we can use your stargates. :)

althor   

th_08197_Morrowind_2009-11-13_12-31-47-89_122_596lo.jpgth_08198_Morrowind_2009-11-13_12-31-58-45_122_456lo.jpgth_08199_Morrowind_2009-11-13_12-32-10-54_122_139lo.jpgth_08196_Morrowind_2009-11-13_12-32-41-78_122_477lo.jpg

special for you, Gray Wolf . fully operational Destiny gate

...link now below

video(16MB)

p.s there are a bug can be noticed: on low fps video (less than 60), markers and gate rotation are de-synchronising

still nothing can to do with that