althor

Althor improvements

althor   

Hi all !

i have been watching for this project for about two years,and I am glad that you guys finally made it.

Since there are no any updates or translation or releases I made it by my own. I am using neither English version nor French so i think you will don`t mind. Because there are some problems to run this mod with other language localized versions, i made little patch (mini-mod) that allow us to run it (only tested on eng. and rus. ver) .

http://www.makpo.ru/f3/sg-adapt_2b.rar

-------------------------------

* I made some enhancement in gate dialling mechanism ;) , so every symbol (dialed by dhd) on the Gate, moving to current chevron for locking process. also before locking, speed of gate rotation are dropping.

* Some gate's sounds changes

[** Versions below aren't compatible with game's main quest]

http://www.makpo.ru/f3/sg-adapt_2c.rar

-------------------------------

changes:

* final chevron will not lock if address not exist

* there are no more need pressing big red button on dhd

* big red button on dhd now abort dial then pressed before home marker dial

* no more seventh or eighth chevron address allowed without extra power

! note: home marker is last symbol in gate address (after locking home marker gate will refuse any other markers to dial), if it used twice or more - gate simply won't open.

* fixed: original mod bug with sound (reset/abort dial, then ring is rotating )

http://www.makpo.ru/f3/sg-adapt_3.rar updated (#4 24-12-09)

ver 3.42 presumably for testing only

-----------------------

* powering up stargate

* improved stargate model (only replaced in one location - Sunticah)

* gate's incoming animation and sound

* fixed: original mod sound volume then ship prepares to enter hyperspace

up1: update texture with gate symbols

up2: chevrons are lit correctly now

up3: retexturing

up4: new puddle animation (scripts and mesh)

_____unstable vortex has been modified

http://www.makpo.ru/f3/Ouverture3.wav modified "gate opening" sound

improved stargate model is available now

Replacer mod link *** temporary deleted ***

-----------------------

* sg-1 gates replaced with the latest version

* gate's opening sound from the latest version

* more qualitative video ( wormhole)

---------------------------

Fast dial patch

[New] http://www.file-upload.net/download-3027344/dial-sc-patch.txt.html

To activate fast dial, press DHD activator button twice, and enter destination address

i hope you will like it :)

Hello,

I have made some tests on your version. It's a really good job. The Stargate is much more realist. Can we add your new scripts into Morrowind Stargate next version ?

And don't worry, we are working on the second version of the mod, and on a translation.

althor   

thanks, and yes, i am glad to help your team.

By the way i only corrected existed scripts so they work as much close to "real" stargate as i can

p.s. i have very good 3d model of Stargate but without texture. i am hoping someone from your team can correctly map it and export to game. maybe not for mod but personally for me ?

th_37997_sg-d_122_523lo.jpg

final chevron isn't correct, but back side of the gate made perfectly

The sg-adapt2c may be quite interesting. :)

For the new 3D Model, it's not possible for now. First because we have not any one remaining in our team that can export this model, but also because we want our mod to be as "friendly" as possible : i mean with less polys for smalls computers.

Holy Dagoth Cake! o.O

someone finally did it!

I must admit you have earned some very well deserved fame for having realized such a gate improvement. Myself, having spent weeks on this problem, couldn't do it, and by the time i was working on this mod, i was one of the mod's best scripters. However, i never achieved such an improvement.

You have my respect :).

Note: is there any chance to see the new dialling sequence in action some day, as a video? :)

Hello !

Congratulations for the script =D Can we see on a video, for example? ^^

The model is very nice. =) And I m a little bit curious to see the script(s) of the door.

Gray Wolf, "one of the mod's best scripters" ?... You wanted to say "One of the mod' scripters" of course? ;)

Not quite, because there were mainly two scripters within the team, maybe three with Stranger, but he wasn't really working on Morrow SG. ^_^

but you were still the best about scripting at the moment... ( remember the "bucket of scripts" ? ^^ )

this said, basically, yes, i was just a scripter, but you were anyway better than me, for what i remember.

althor   

hmm, found a problem with my new Sunticah quest. Does anybody knows how replace thing (object) that present in main mod and absent or moved in addition mod ? (without joining mods together) (move the gate, save in editor, load game - get two gates nearby)

Screens are fantastic ! =D

(is not a Competition Gray ^^' )

You can't create a new object (a copy of the first one), and put it in your version? Or i don't understand the question. :)

Edit : Gray, Yes, i remember xD

You have two gates because the TESCS badly handle the merge.

When you change an object in a slave esp, it will be considered as a new object during the merge. So the solution is always to work on a single esp, or to delete the object in the master esp before the merge.

I'm not sure it's really clear...

althor   

Confridín, yes you are right. problem is what i can't re-save original mod

(it will broke it, and there are no sense because i am only altering original mod)

cool, i finally got working version of Nif utilities for 3d max, and i am capable now of export/import things to do

p.s you really mess with sunticah. First because eight symbol address lead us to an other galaxy, and second

from there no longer possible dial standard 7-symb addresses in "Nirn" galaxy. No offense. i hope i will fix it soon

Yes, we know about Sunticah.

We wanted to add a quest with an EPPZ, but we were out of time. So its' a slightly not logical...

Conf': the EPPZ's true name is ZPM, aka Zero Point Module, but it is E2PZ in french, EPPZ is just a variation ;).

EDIT: i worked for a time on a complementary addon mod for this mod, wich created a new stargate that replaced Sunticah's, and included a new script that prevented 7 chevron dialling from there, since this time it was actually from another galaxy... I worked hard on this addon that added a whole new planet with an Earth-like setting in the 1980's, but it never been completed, because i stopped working on morrowind..... :/

This said, the new script handled 8 chevron adresses perfectly as you required ZPMs this time, or an equivalent power source. But my big basic opinion on this is, that Confridin will agree to, is that Morrowind and Fantastic based games are not meant to get bound to science fiction, not without trouble :/

( on the other hand, Fallout 3 was much more meant to, but this time, it's modding trouble we get if we try to make a stargate mod on it. I tried. I made a stargate model for Fallout 3, but barely got it working, it was just a Static... )

althor   

Gray Wolf, so that is why i hate all this stuff with Z-weapon, L grenade and other thing. without this sg first idea (original film) with gods perfectly fits on Morrowind. and without Goaulds also. Ra is not Goauld.

my first idea when i saw yours mod, was that Dwarves build their own stargate prototype (based on some outside info or excavations sites) and used in a time of war

SeiKen   

I think he meant Zat' and the light grenade (can't remember the name).

When we thought of what we wanted to do for the Oblivion version (now frozen, if not killed), we had two group of people : those who wanted to do things mainly based on the film and the first season, and those who wanted to go way further, with all kind of stories taht came later in the show.

Never really made up our mind on that point, which does not matter since we don't work on it anymore.

Maybe in the future (or in a galaxy far far away :))

althor   

Confridín, by the way i almost done with a new stargate model, and soon i try to map and animate it

(new model has same count of polys as old ,and if i succeed it will looks much better)

althor   

Hallowed are the Ori, i made it

new model stargate placed in Mezhchanus only for testing

p.s Suntican is not finished yet

p.p.s now i stuck with animation

I tried your new stargate, but it seems taht you didn't add all the textures... My gate is so white... :mrgeen:

althor   

sorry i send wrong texture to archive, fixed, try again

p.s. i have a little progress with a gate animation export

althor   

read the file Warnings.txt in game main directory, be sure that files TorusWCMap.tga aringWCMap.tga can be found in folder data files\Textures