althor

Althor improvements

althor   

Confridín, by the way, i have a suggestion for the ver 2.0 :

first, erase a source script code from the master file (using special programme), and second, add a "kill switch" code in some vital scripts, so player can't manually (by console) teleport to some quest locations (worlds) or discover its gatecode by editor, bypassing quest logics

Hi Althor :).

I Didn't expect at all the "end" of the clip :D. I was suprrised by seeing the gate. I think it's a great teaser/trailer, yet it doesn't shows much :). I think that's a good point: not to show too much.

Also, i noticed, sadly, a typo mistake on the first message: "Deep Under A Surface" should have been "Deep Under THE Surface". It's not very important, but still, it can lead people on YT to want to criticize you about it in more agressive ways, like it happened to me :(.

So, What else can I say? the SGU Gate looks very well done, i see you textured the Gateroom :). Colors are good, but i think it should be a little more dark in the gateroom.

In a few words: this is an awesome teaser :).

Honestly, i am surprised that Morrowind Stargate has such a strong "future" by now, thanks to you :).

You keep Morrowind and Morrow-SG alive... Thank you ^^.

althor   

thanks, Gray Wolf

yes it doesn't shows much :) , because nothing is predetermined, yet

and it is my first try to make a video clip, so i am strongly worrying, because it is quite muddled

Morrowind Stargate has a "future", indeed, and as i wrote in one forum: " it is good base for modding because any quest even without connection to SG, can be adapted for that"

I agree on that fact :).

However, there is something that bugs me ( annoys me ) : it's that the player is not good in Technology no matter how hard he/she tries because he/she grew up in a world with magick. So, he cannot know much about technology unless something special happens to him/her, like a "oops" use of an Ancient database, that the player could somehow survive by the use of magick.... Like storing some extra data in soul gems, or anything :). This way, he/She would have some knowledge, but not too much.

I'm not asking you to do that, i just mean that it's a major slowdown, because normally, Stargate is about technology, but we can't use it much here : / simply because the player doesn't knows much about technology.

I just presented you a possible "plot piece" so the player can know how to interact with technological items in a stargate context.

As i watched the clip again, i think i have noticed Destiny's consoles? :). I started to model one too...

althor   

"Destiny's consoles ", yes it is now like a dial device with 36 buttons and it is operable (i can upload video for you, if you want) but it is still untextured well

Idea ! Ancient's learning machine (knowledge base) (we can use it to convert player from one that uses magic, to another, who knows about computers), thanks again

Edited by althor

I'm glad i could help :).

AND that you can blow down that wall that is : player's inability with technology :D.

Confridín, by the way, i have a suggestion for the ver 2.0 :

first, erase a source script code from the master file (using special programme), and second, add a "kill switch" code in some vital scripts, so player can't manually (by console) teleport to some quest locations (worlds) or discover its gatecode by editor, bypassing quest logics

Wich source script code should i erase ? I don't reaaly understand.

For the second idea, it's a good suggestion. But i may add it only at the end, because i always use the console to test the mod. ;)

althor   

after saving plugin data , *.esp file (and *.esm) contains the compiled code (scripts) with source code together. Source code is not needed to the game and can be deleted from the master file. This allow us to keep the addresses of the gate in secrecy, and forbidding players disable "Kill Switch"

althor   

i have been thinking...

Oshzaj Gateroom isn't a bad place,it is just awful place. I realize that once more after releasing replacer mod

o.o ...

>.>

<.<

Don't look at me! it wasn't me :D.

I think I remember that the ramps used for the gateroom are actually stargate parts... And yes, it looks weird :D. And awful xD.

althor   

" Don't look at me! it wasn't me " lol :laugh:

i am not intending to blame anyone , just " WE MUST ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING WITH THAT"

ps.. working on it now

Edited by althor

well, back when I was part of the team, I worked on it to fill it with furnitures like the steam engines on the sides and pipes where you connected the ramp to... But that's really a big problem indeed...

My suggestion would be to "cut" the void behind the Stargate, like putting a large wall...

I don't know, really... Maybe putting some "naked wires" with sockets on the sides, for example? At left AND/OR right to the stargate, because we never see them, althrough i'm pretty sure there are references made to wires filling the numerous pipes we see...

althor   

Confridín, Please, accept my condolences about loss in your family

[Confridín, S'il vous plaît, acceptez mes condoléances sur la perte dans votre famille]

althor   

i am lost in translation .. in a manner of speaking :blink:

please translate these

1 >> J'ai traversé à temps. Et j'ai retrouvé mon sauveur de l'autre côté. Il était temps. <<

did They went through the time ? does it some part of the quest and it was explained somewhere ?

2 >>Un Astre que je n'avais jamais vu se tient dans le ciel, visiblement, je ne suis plus sur Nirn.<<

1 >> J'ai traversé à temps. Et j'ai retrouvé mon sauveur de l'autre côté. Il était temps. <<

I went trought just in time. I found the guard on the other side. I almost died on this planet.

2 >>Un Astre que je n'avais jamais vu se tient dans le ciel, visiblement, je ne suis plus sur Nirn.<<

I've never this this planet on the sky before. I have to be on another planet

;)

althor   

I am afraid, no. I have some ideas how to start quest, how to travel into Pegasus galaxy and find shipyard with Destiny 2.0 ship ( http://alxshipyards.deviantart.com/art/destiny-texture-wip2-160973493 )

But this mod must have at least dozen of worlds for visit and explore before player can solve main quest puzzle.

And i haven't find any help on the FullR forum (russian forum related to morrowinds mod) ,so i dont know. Maybe after i will translate sg mod to my language, more people can play it and some will come with new ideas.

Language issues are a problem indeed : / ...

As for planets and such, i know i must be a hard thing to do, but if you, or anybody else, makes a new planet, it would need to use as less models and especially textures from Morrowind...

The problem with many planets from Morrowind Stargate, for me, was that they used too many resources from Morrowind, without even retexturing them. I especially talk about Virgo, wich looks like a complete Morrowind copy-paste... D: .

So, well, Stargate is sci-fi, wich means, technology... And too many planets without new things aren't a good thing... The mod is based off Stargate SG1 for its design, somehow, and then the prime feel must be exploration, and find new things we never seen before... Something that's not very perceptible in the mod's main planets...

( remember, that new planet mod i sent you long ago :). It was a great change to have new objects that felt a lot more technological )

I would help you if i can, but i need to make 3dsmax work with Morrowind again first. I'll send you a mail with a nif file when i can.

EDITED: o.O For some reason, exporting to Morrowind perfectly works now.... I don't get it.