althor

Althor improvements

I am happy to see you again, Althor :).

And i see you have been busy. The fade effect is amazing ;). When will you stop doing better? :D

althor   

thank you Gray Wolf, i think there no more things :yeuxtournants: to cardinally improve

so daily works awaits me, and my 3d engine still buggy and unfinished :laugh:

plenty thing to do

The ship design is really impressive. O_o

Great work Althor. ;)

And the new animation of the Stargate is just Awesome !

I'm gonna take a look at it as soon as possible (probably saturday).

althor   

"I was whole night inventing, and then finally invented. The neck protector!" Prof. Farnsworth

;)

post-544-1261779871,1452_thumb.jpgpost-544-1261779877,2722_thumb.jpg

video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GOKUb5cwtU

p.s dial device ver 0.2 for Atlantis / Universe gate

p.p.s buttons now doesn't have glyphs, it is replaceable texture on dial device. no more need to do different sets of buttons !

althor   

thanks jojo83i :) .

I reupload video, when i fix some graphic artefact, i will add this in the modder set

Confridín, now we can use Atlantis gate with this dial device (i will retexture it soon)

Althor, if that can be useful for you, i created Atlantis-like names for the star constellations, so to say, the glyphs, that go for the Atlantis gate, based off the only 6 we currently know.

Everywhere, i only seen 6 symbols,but all the others were never revealed ever, and then i created all of the 30 others.

the list is here:

Arami

Telgahi

Enamus

Kalehli

Ecrumig

Radhona

Taratim

Satela

Galdir

Toranus

Evedinne

Garthin

Benesun

Tanas

Salma

Edonis

Talnne

Alura

Subido ( Atlantis's Point Of

Origin )

Rdehi

Sasse

Edni

Valtur

Edne

Falsis

Edinda

Gellid

Falasque

Tamernic

Vase

Ercel

Etamig

Faltinig

Gilltin

Sarme

Velte

I first made these to use in a garry's mod fan movie about stargate, but since i cancelled it, i think you can use it freely :). Maybe you can use it to name the glyphs ? :p

althor   

Gray Wolf, there is a situation: in a good way there must be only one set of buttons (without names), but since sg1 /atlantis/ universe uses different types of glyphs lit (red/blue/white) it is complicate the task. (but i can always do button mesh already with these three colours and anims groups, and easily use it by slightly modifying original script)

If you guys will include this dial device in your mod it is completely your choice (how to name or modify dial device buttons),anyway i will be pleased :)

althor   

post-544-1262903394074_thumb.jpg

my experiment. shot from screenplay as upcoming trailer "Lost Dwemers" (quote " they used stargate for travel to another galaxy")

Nice experiment.

Oshzaj is more futurist ;)(and better)

EDIT: i'm searching for a sound for the second version of the mod : the sound of someone steeping trought the stargate. Have you got this sound ?

les gars du Stargate Pack de Gmod en ont un bon, on peut leur demander... ^^

The guys at the Stargate Pack for Gmod have one, we could ask them ... ^^

althor   

thanks a lot. May be someday we can use it ;) First i am intending make a trailer to the quest "Lost Dwemer" where i will make assumption about Dwemer destiny and the means to finding them in a universe - old Lantien starship like Destiny

Dwemers could have survived then? :)

And i hope their technology could have improved too... ^^ *already imagines dwemers having developped GUI based computers and all. Beware of glitches. Dwemer technology works when it wants to*

( note, Althor, do not "rant" at me again, that was a joke :). )

Globally, i'm very interested.

EDIT! : i suddenly thought: if the Dwemer could have dialled to another galaxy, their DHD should have got something really special. Either it is and we never figured it out, either they dismounted part of the DHD and created a 8 or 9 chevrons dialling protocol, or either we don't care at all about all these details. :hyper:

But still, since Stargate is science fiction, there are facts, and players/watchers love when everything is explained :p. Just noticing that.

althor   

Gray Wolf,

quote "in time of great battle on the red mountain (between dwarfs and chimers)

when nothing can save dwemers from defeat. In a chamber of Heart ,high lord Kagrenac used enchanted weapons to channel enough among of energy from heart to ancient device, called later stargate, to establish connection to another galaxy, and then teleported all dwemers through device" :wizard:

... "they used it as a temporary solution and planed to return back soon. but they not" ...

assumed they already investigate stargate before, and know how to use it, also they have found exact location and adress of place to evacuate, before of incident

ps "rant" ? again ? i don't remember last time i did :blink:

sorry, i didn't mean you really ranted at me with anger, but it happened that some times when i proposed ideas or stuff to help you, you said ( althrough politely ) that you couldn't use it ;) Just don't mind about what i said .

it was a manner of speaking.

but that's not the main subject of conversation ^^. Let's get over it.

Hello, Althor, I was just wondering: In the last page of this conversation, you said you didn't want to do the gates or stuff on Garry's Mod. You just said it "didn't interest you".

I was just curious, why is it not interesting to you? ^^ . Just asking...

althor   

hi, Gray Wolf

Because of four things:

1 I have never seen Garry's mod in live (only on youtube)

2 They have enough modders to do that even better then i am if they want

(p.s yet, my model even with old effects looks better then others on youtube, imho )

3 I think it will be useless (play on sandbox level, is it serious ?)

4 Anyway i need have high charge of "enthusiasm" to do anything

any "burning" crazy ideas ? :)