althor

Althor improvements

althor   

By the way, Stargates isn't means technology, many worlds in sg-1 or Atlantis series doesn't have any trace of science. There are live simple people which knows nothing about sg-things

I didn't mean technology was a necessary part of the series, but we faced a problem of not having enough new things in the begining mod, that's what i think:

most planets of the Morrowind Stargate mod are using basic, non retextured models of Morrowind ( like Virgo... Again, yeah, Virgo. I hate this planet, i think you figured it out by now ^^ ),

and we don't find enough planets with technologically advanced civilizations, but maybe it's an effect caused by the first one that leads us to believe we still are somehow on Nirn... Because of generic models and textures.

I often considered trying to make huge retextures of the basic worlds, but that would have taken a lot of time and energy... : /

Well, Morrowind <--> 3dsmas works again now :). If you want, I can help you.

SeiKen   

I didn't mean technology was a necessary part of the series, but we faced a problem of not having enough new things in the begining mod, that's what i think:

most planets of the Morrowind Stargate mod are using basic, non retextured models of Morrowind ( like Virgo... Again, yeah, Virgo. I hate this planet, i think you figured it out by now ^^ ),

and we don't find enough planets with technologically advanced civilizations, but maybe it's an effect caused by the first one that leads us to believe we still are somehow on Nirn... Because of generic models and textures.

I often considered trying to make huge retextures of the basic worlds, but that would have taken a lot of time and energy... : /

Well, Morrowind <--> 3dsmas works again now :). If you want, I can help you.

Yep, that thing has been kind of controversial in the team between few members.

I did not totally agree with Gray (even though I would have liked one or two planets more "evolved"), but that's maybe because I liked the movie and the start of the SG1 show, and Gray was more fond of later episodes.

If you look at it with viewing only the movie and the first season, you would see same landscapes (or the same caracteristics in it, British Columbia power!!!! :p).

So in a way, re-use same textures and/or model seems almost logical :D

But yeah. The way Gray modeled Kalenya and things we would have loved to do in an Oblivion version is what I would like to see in a SG mod (if you have more simple planets than evolved ones, like in the show :)).

althor   

Since, Confridín has opened new topic for translation mod on English, i will be very appreciate if anyone begin translation with books (some of them). it will be very useful for me because i have almost completed translation prev. ver. of mod on Russian (but without books)

Shiamr   

I'll try to translate some of them, I think that Seiken or Gray Wolf would be ok If I help them.

I just need to know how to translate... Is the TESCS necessary?

althor   

Excellent !,Shiam

At first, i need a translation of these books ;

SG_Bk_Zachary01..02.03.04

SG_Bk_RetourSg

SG_Bk_excaveDwemer

If you don't want to messing with TESC, i will attach texts of these books to the next post. Take your time. I am not in hurry :) And you can translate them in the order you want

SeiKen   

I've been off for a while on that topic, mainly because real-life and work (especially work) are too demanding.

What I intended to do (this is for Shiamr :p) was to use the Construction Set to put every book in a separate Word file, and letting everyone participate (in the team) by putting all of them in a post.

Extraction of dialogs exists in TESCS but I'm not sure reimporting the dialogs works fine (we talked about it on WWL, and I think this has not been corrected).

If you have some time to do that, maybe I could try and translate a few of them. It's kinda hard to do (the translation part), but you should not focus on keeping exactly the same sentences, but focus more on the sense of each sentence.

Launching TESCS is way under my motivation levels on modding, but translating may be more interesting to me. Well, if I have time and motivation (and if I have some time in my flight next month or so to the US).

Shiamr   

Excellent !,Shiam

At first, i need a translation of these books ;

SG_Bk_Zachary01..02.03.04

SG_Bk_RetourSg

SG_Bk_excaveDwemer

If you don't want to messing with TESC, i will attach texts of these books to the next post. Take your time. I am not in hurry :) And you can translate them in the order you want

Thanks a lot ;)

That would be nice if you upload here some of those texts, even though go back in TESC would be interesting :p

I have a dial-up connection, but I already have Morrowind installed and the Stargate mod downloaded.

I'll try this week-end ;)

althor   

omg... yes, i didn't think about it before

i don't know if problem will appear with backward compatibility( 2.0 > 1.1)

Shiamr   

I'm beginning to translate Zachary's book ;)

althor   

only one thing that i dislike in your model it is that from top view it looks like "radiation's warning sign"

anyway, thanks. But my problem with imagination become apparent in lack of mapping

So my model isn't complete, unlike yours

Glenwind   

This is true for the symbol of radioactivity.

Anyway, very well done for your model, even if it isn't finish ^^

I will modeling again, it is time to rework my creativity :)

The new vortex has been implanted.

i have to update scripts and the Stargate and it will be fine. ;)

Hello, I'm sorry I speak very good English I want to know the news of your improvement for the mods

thanks! ^^

Quoi de nouveau à propos du destiny et les porte d'altantis?? ou méme autre chose que l'on n'aurait pas encore vu =)